In “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,” the iconic Majora’s Mask makes a remarkable comeback, offering a significant advantage in stealth by making it tougher for foes to detect you. Acquiring this mask in the game, however, presents a formidable challenge, far surpassing the difficulty encountered in its predecessor, “Breath of the Wild.” The key to unlocking this elusive item lies within the legendary floating colosseum totk, where you must engage in an epic showdown against not one, but five formidable Lynels consecutively. This daunting task is arguably one of the most challenging trials in the realm of Hyrule, demanding extensive preparation, strategic planning, and exceptional combat skills.
This guide will help you find Majora’s Mask in “Tears of the Kingdom.” Your adventure goes beyond just finding the mask. You must also learn how to get it. The main challenge is in the floating coliseum TOTK. Here, you will face tough Lynels. Each Lynel needs a different plan to beat.
You start your quest to get Majoras Mask TOTK here. It’s a path filled with dangers and exciting fights in the floating coliseum Tears of the Kingdom. Keep reading to find out where TOTK Majoras Mask is and how to get it. You’ll also learn how to beat each of the five Lynels. This guide will give you the tips and confidence you need for this tough Hyrule challenge.
Majoras Mask Tears of the Kingdom Location
In “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,” finding Majora’s Mask TOTK is a big challenge. This special item is in the Floating Colosseum TOTK. The Coliseum is marked on the game’s map. It is very important for players looking for Majora’s Mask.
To get Majora’s Mask, you must beat the Lynel challenge. It’s tough. You have to fight several strong Lynels, each different in how they attack. To start this adventure, go to the Floating Colosseum TOTK. Its coordinates are (-1134, -1202, -0499). These numbers lead you to a big part of the game.
When you get to the Floating Colosseum TOTK, get ready for hard fights. The Lynels there are very strong and tough to beat. Beating them gives you Majora’s Mask. This mask is more than a prize. It helps you in the game by making it harder for enemies to see you.
Read More: Rabella Wetlands Skyview Tower
Navigating to the Floating Colosseum TOTK in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
In “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,” finding the Floating Colosseum TOTK is its own adventure. It’s hidden under the Coliseum Ruins, located in Hyrule Fields on the surface. Players looking for this place start by finding the Great Plateau North Chasm. This entrance is north of the Temple of Time Ruins, also in Hyrule Fields. The exact coordinates are (-0665, -1506, 0065). These are important for players to find their way.
When you’re in Hyrule Fields, you need to mark the Coliseum Ruins on your map. This helps guide you to the right place. Follow this marker and you’ll go into the Depths. There, you’ll find a big circular building surrounded by water. This is the Floating Colosseum TOTK, full of challenges and rewards.
Before you take on these challenges, get ready. A key item you need is the Mu-ustust Lightroot. You can find it southwest of the Floating Coliseum at (-1423, -1351, -0517). This item is important for facing the upcoming challenges.
If you have the Traveler’s Medallion, use it wisely. Place it at the challenge’s entrance. This lets you quickly come back, especially if you need more equipment. To sum up, getting to the Floating Coliseum means careful navigation and preparation. Pay attention to the coordinates. This journey is challenging and exciting. It takes players to an exciting place in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.”
Read More: Ghost of Our Love Hogwarts Legacy
Conquering the Floating Colosseum TOTK Challenge in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
In “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,” getting Majora’s Mask is a big challenge. You have to beat the tough Floating Coliseum. In it, you face five Lynels one after the other. After beating one Lynel, a gate opens to the next, stronger one. These battles are intense and give you little time to rest.
The Floating Coliseum’s battles are like a tough marathon. Each Lynel you beat is followed by an even stronger one. You need good fighting skills, smart planning, and mental strength to get through. Be ready with well-planned gear and strategies.
Success depends on having good equipment and using resources well. Make sure your armor is fully upgraded and your health is high. Keep essential items like sundelion dishes in your inventory. They are important for staying healthy in battle. Also, have lots of strong weapons and shields. These fights will wear out even your best gear.
Knowing how to fight in “Tears of the Kingdom” is also key. Learn each Lynel’s attack style and weaknesses. Use all your combat skills, like perfect dodges and flurry rushes. Quick moves and smart fighting are your best tools in these battles.
Read More: How to Get Iron Nuggets in Animal Crossing
Essential Preparation for Lynel Battles in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Enhancing Armor and Health
Before diving into the Floating Coliseum’s challenges, it’s crucial to boost your defense and health. Typically, a Lynel can defeat a player with just two hits if they have only nine hearts and 24 armor points. To avoid such quick defeats, visit the Great Fairies to enhance your armor to at least level 2. Additionally, increase your heart count at a Goddess Statue to the highest comfortable number, maximizing your survival chances against the five Lynel fights.
Stocking Up on Sundelion Dishes
Preparing sundelion dishes is a must. In “Tears of the Kingdom,” like many other foes in the Depths, Lynels inflict a gloom effect that locks your hearts with each hit. The only remedy mid-combat is consuming sunny dishes. To ensure you can consistently heal, fill your inventory with as many sundelion dishes as possible.
Expanding Inventory for Weapons, Shields, and Bows
The endurance test in the TOTK Floating Coliseum means you’ll exhaust a significant number of weapons and shields. Refer to our guide for Hestu’s locations to increase your inventory capacity, assuming you have the necessary Korok seeds. This expansion is vital to sustain your arsenal throughout the prolonged battle.
Equipping Strong Weapon and Shield Combinations
A considerable amount of your weaponry and shields will break during the consecutive Lynel fights. Our experience shows that an average of five weapons and shields may be used up in the entire challenge. However, this number can vary depending on your ability to evade attacks.
Carrying Armor-Destroying Weapons
The final Lynel comes armored, rendering regular attacks ineffective until the armor is broken. To avoid being at a disadvantage in this crucial fight, gather hammers or at least ten bomb flowers. These items are essential to damage the Lynel’s armored health bar.
Collecting Fairies for Revival
Fairies play a critical role in these battles, offering a second chance at life after a fatal hit. They are often found near water on Sky Islands or in specific surface locations like the Outskirt Stable Well. Accumulate as many as possible for sustained endurance in the fights.
Utilizing Bullet Time
Bullet time can be a game-changer in combat. You can enter this mode using shield combinations, Zonai devices, or Autobuild creations. Attaching a wing to your shield enhances your jump height, facilitating bullet time entry. Zonai devices like springs and hover stones help reach higher elevations, while a basic platform created using Autobuild can be deployed and jumped off for the same effect. Aim for the Lynel’s face during bullet time to stun them.
If this is your first encounter with Lynels, expect a steep learning curve, reminiscent of souls-like games. Repeated defeats can be frustrating, but they provide an opportunity to learn and adapt to each Lynel’s attack patterns and dodge timings.
Opting for Ancient Blades
For a quicker, albeit less rewarding route, consider using five ancient blades. When fused to your arrow and fired at a Lynel, it teleports them away. This method, while efficient, forfeits the Lynel’s drops.
Though not essential, building a customized killing machine with Zonai devices or gathering all Sage avatars by completing each temple can also provide tactical advantages in these battles.
Read More: How to Get Infinite Lava in Minecraft
Strategies for Overcoming Lynels in the Floating Colosseum TOTK of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
In the depths of the Floating Coliseum in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,” players face the formidable task of defeating five Lynels. Each subsequent Lynel presents a greater challenge, equipped with a more extensive array of attacks.
Utilizing Defensive Tactics and Flurry Rushes
A key strategy in battling these Lynels involves skillful use of the shield. By holding up your shield and dodging their attacks at the right moment, you can execute a Flurry Rush. This move allows you to inflict significant damage quickly. The effectiveness of this technique varies depending on your weapon’s strength. For those wielding weapons with an attack range between 30 to 50, be prepared for a prolonged and grueling battle.
Stun and Mount Strategy
When a Lynel prepares an attack, such as launching a fireball, a window of opportunity opens for you to stun it. By shooting an arrow at the Lynel’s head during this phase, you can stun it, creating an opportunity to mount and strike it several times without retaliation. For players struggling with precision aiming, attaching an eyeball to the arrow can enhance accuracy, or engaging in “bullet time” can slow down the action for better targeting.
Airborne Tactics and Bullet Time
Another effective method against Lynels involves entering bullet time. As the Floating Colosseum TOTK lacks platforms, you will need alternative methods to gain elevation. Attaching Zonai devices like rockets or springs to your shield can propel you into the air. However, be aware that ascending will prompt the Lynel to use its bow, firing arrows that can penetrate the coliseum’s ceiling. You can block these arrows using your creations and Zonai devices.
While in bullet time, fuse a potent material like Gibdo bones to your arrow for enhanced effect. Shooting the Lynel in the head in this mode stuns it, allowing you to mount and attack. For those willing to take a risk, strike the Lynel a few times before mounting for additional damage.
These strategies require a blend of defensive skills, precise timing, and inventive use of equipment. Successfully applying these tactics can turn the tide in these challenging battles against the Lynels in the Floating Colosseum TOTK.
Read More: How Many Skins are in Fortnite
Confronting the First Lynel in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s Floating Colosseum TOTK
In the first stage of the Floating Coliseum’s boss rush, found deep in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,” players encounter a Red Lynel. This formidable foe is armed with a broadsword and a shield, making it a challenging opponent. Understanding the Red Lynel’s attack patterns is crucial for survival and victory.
The Red Lynel’s Arsenal of Attacks
The Red Lynel employs a diverse range of attacks, each requiring a specific defensive strategy:
- Fireball Assault: The Lynel conjures a ball of fire and launches three fireballs towards you. Quick evasion or shield use is key to avoid damage.
- Ground Charge: The Lynel lowers its stance and charges directly at you. This attack requires timely dodging to prevent being hit.
- Sword Rush: The Lynel runs towards you, brandishing its sword, and swings at close range. Keeping a safe distance or parrying is essential to counter this.
- Vertical Cleave: Standing on its hind legs, the Lynel raises its arms and then powerfully cleaves the area in front of it after a brief pause. Predicting and moving out of the strike zone is crucial.
- Horizontal Sword Swing: The Lynel lifts its sword and swings it towards you, necessitating either a dodge or a block.
Rewards for Overcoming the Red Lynel
Upon defeating the Red Lynel, players can collect various items dropped by this fearsome creature. These valuable spoils include a Lynel mace horn, Lynel saber horn, a soldier’s broadsword, Lynel shield, Lynel bow, a large crystallized charge, Lynel guts, two Lynel hooves, and 20 arrows. Each of these items can significantly aid players in their ongoing journey through the depths of the Floating Colosseum TOTK.
In summary, the first battle against the Red Lynel in the Floating Colosseum TOTK is a test of agility, strategy, and combat skills. Successfully navigating its array of attacks and emerging victorious not only paves the way to the next challenge but also rewards players with valuable resources essential for their adventure in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.”
Battling the Second Lynel in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s Floating Coliseum
The challenge escalates in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom” as players encounter the second Lynel in the Floating Colosseum TOTK boss rush. This Blue-Maned Lynel, distinct with its intimidating presence, wields a claymore and has an arsenal of six diverse attacks. Understanding and countering these attacks is essential for progressing through the Coliseum.
The Blue-Maned Lynel’s Array of Attacks
The Blue-Maned Lynel’s combat style is aggressive and varied, requiring players to adapt quickly:
- Fireball Barrage: Similar to the first Lynel, this one also spits three fireballs in rapid succession. Quick dodging or using the shield effectively can mitigate this threat.
- Claymore Slam: The Lynel raises its claymore above its head and charges at the player before slamming the weapon into the ground. Anticipate and move out of the attack’s path to avoid being hit.
- Horn Swing: Standing on its hind legs, the Lynel momentarily pauses before swinging its horn towards Link. Timing your dodge here is crucial to avoid damage.
- Sword Whirlwind: The Lynel twirls its claymore above its head, executing three circular swings. Maintaining a safe distance or timing a perfect dodge is key to evading this attack.
- Triple Ground Slam: Holding the claymore aloft, the Lynel forcefully slams the ground thrice. Keep moving to stay clear of the impact zones.
- Single Claymore Strike: As it runs towards Link, the Lynel performs a single, powerful swing with its claymore. Be ready to dodge or parry this swift attack.
Rewards for Defeating the Blue-Maned Lynel
Upon defeating the Blue-Maned Lynel, players are rewarded with valuable items that can aid in their ongoing adventure. These include a Blue-Maned Lynel mace horn, Blue-Maned Lynel saber horn, a soldier’s claymore, Lynel bow, a large crystallized charge, Lynel guts, two Lynel hooves, and 20 arrows.
In summary, the second fight in the Floating Colosseum TOTK is a step up in difficulty, with the Blue-Maned Lynel presenting a more complex and aggressive set of attacks. Successfully overcoming this challenge not only requires quick reflexes and strategic dodging but also rewards players with a trove of useful items, bolstering their journey through the depths of “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.”
Read More: How to Use Rowlands Map to Follow his Trail
Facing the Third Lynel in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s Floating Coliseum
The challenge intensifies in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom” as players encounter the third Lynel, a formidable White-Maned Lynel, in the Floating Coliseum. Armed with a halberd, this Lynel showcases a set of six sophisticated and deadly attacks, demanding strategic response and agile maneuvers from the players.
The White-Maned Lynel’s Diverse Attack Patterns
This Lynel’s combat tactics are complex, requiring players to be constantly on their toes:
- Rapid Fireball Launch: The Lynel emits a series of three fireballs quickly. Players must move swiftly or use their shield to block this onslaught.
- Ground Charge: Like its predecessors, this Lynel also charges low towards the player. Evade at the right moment to avoid a direct hit.
- Horn Swing: Elevating on its hind legs, the Lynel momentarily pauses before swinging its horn at Link. Dodge this attack to avoid significant damage.
- Halberd Explosion: The Lynel creates a gust around itself and powerfully slams the halberd into the ground, causing a large explosive radius. Quick movement out of the area is essential.
- Aerial Halberd Slam: Demonstrating its might, the Lynel leaps and forcefully brings its halberd down, dealing area-of-effect (AOE) damage. Keep a safe distance or move quickly to evade this attack.
- Single Halberd Strike: In a swift motion, the Lynel runs towards the player, raising its halberd, and strikes once. Be ready to either dodge or block this fast attack.
Loot from the White-Maned Lynel
Victory against the White-Maned Lynel yields valuable rewards that can significantly aid players in their quest. These include a White-Maned Lynel mace horn, White-Maned Lynel saber horn, a knight’s halberd, mighty Lynel bow, a large crystallized charge, Lynel guts, two Lynel hooves, and 20 arrows.
In conclusion, the third encounter in the Floating Colosseum TOTK is a test of tactical skill and quick reflexes, with the White-Maned Lynel presenting a varied and aggressive set of attacks. Successfully navigating this challenge not only requires adept combat skills but also rewards players with a collection of items beneficial for the arduous journey ahead in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.”
Confronting the Fourth Lynel in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s Floating Coliseum
In “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,” players face a formidable challenge against the fourth Lynel in the Floating Colosseum TOTK. This Silver Lynel, equipped with a broadsword and shield, is known for its diverse and aggressive attack patterns, featuring eight different attacks that test the player’s combat skills to the limit.
The Silver Lynel’s Wide Range of Attacks
The Silver Lynel’s array of attacks requires players to constantly adapt and use various defensive strategies:
- Triple Fireball Attack: The Lynel emits three fireballs in rapid succession. Players must either dodge swiftly or use their shield to deflect these projectiles.
- Ground Charge: Adopting a lower stance, the Lynel charges directly at the player. Timely evasion is crucial to avoid being hit.
- Horn Swipe: On its hind legs, the Lynel takes a brief pause before swinging its horn at Link. Players need to dodge this attack to evade damage.
- Rapid Sword Strike: The Lynel quickly swings its sword at Link, requiring fast reflexes to either dodge or block.
- Triple Sword Swing: Standing on its hind legs, the Lynel performs three consecutive sword swings aimed at Link. Quick movement or defensive maneuvers are key to avoiding these strikes.
- Vertical Cleave Attack: The Lynel lifts its arms, preparing to cleave the area in front of it. Move out of the attack’s range to stay safe.
- Sword Explosion: Creating a gust around itself, the Lynel then slams its sword into the ground, causing a large explosion. Quick evasion is necessary to avoid this area-of-effect attack.
- Single Broadsword Strike: The Lynel approaches and swings its broadsword in a swift motion. Be ready to dodge or counter this attack.
Rewards After Defeating the Silver Lynel
Defeating this Silver Lynel yields valuable loot, including a Silver Lynel mace horn, Silver Lynel saber horn, a savage Lynel bow, savage Lynel shield, large crystallized charge, Lynel guts, two Lynel hooves, and 20 arrows. These items are a significant boon for players as they continue their journey.
In summary, the fourth encounter in the Floating Colosseum TOTK is a complex battle, with the Silver Lynel presenting an extensive set of attacks. Successfully overcoming this Lynel demands not only expert combat skills but also rewards the player with a variety of useful items, crucial for the challenging path ahead in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.”
Ultimate Showdown with the Fifth Lynel in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s Floating Coliseum
In the depths of the Floating Colosseum TOTK in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,” players face the ultimate test against the fifth and final Lynel. This Silver Lynel, distinct with its armor and a spiked-iron-ball hammer, presents a formidable challenge with seven unique attacks, each requiring precise timing and strategy to overcome.
The Armored Silver Lynel’s Array of Attacks
This Lynel’s attacks are varied and lethal, demanding the player’s best combat skills:
- Fireball Assault: The Lynel breathes out three fireballs aimed at the player. Quick evasion or shield use is crucial to avoid this fiery onslaught.
- Ground Charge: Adopting a low stance, the Lynel charges straight towards the player. Timely dodging is key to avoiding a direct hit.
- Hammer Slam: Holding the hammer aloft, the Lynel charges and slams it into the ground near the player. Anticipate and move away from the impact zone to stay safe.
- Single Hammer Strike: The Lynel runs towards you, swinging the hammer in a powerful, singular motion. Be ready to either dodge or block this swift attack.
- Horn Swing: On its hind legs, the Lynel briefly pauses before swinging its horn at you. Evading this attack is vital to avoid significant damage.
- Triple Hammer Slam: The Lynel stands tall and slams its hammer thrice towards the ground in your direction. Moving quickly out of the strike zone is essential.
- Hammer Whirlwind: Twirling the hammer above its head, the Lynel performs three circular swings. Keep a safe distance or execute a well-timed dodge to escape this attack.
Rewards for Overcoming the Fifth Lynel
Defeating this ultimate Lynel in the Floating Coliseum rewards players with valuable items that are crucial for their journey ahead. These include a Silver Lynel mace horn, Silver Lynel saber horn, a spiked-iron-ball hammer, a savage Lynel bow, a savage Lynel shield, a large crystallized charge, Lynel guts, two Lynel hooves, and 50 arrows.
In conclusion, the battle with the fifth Lynel in the Floating Coliseum is the climax of the challenge, requiring players to utilize all their learned skills and strategies. Overcoming this formidable opponent not only signifies mastery over the game’s combat mechanics but also rewards the player with a collection of precious items, enhancing their experience in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.”
Rewards Awaiting in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s Floating Coliseum
In “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,” the Floating Coliseum, nestled deep in the game’s Depths, holds not just a series of formidable challenges but also a treasure trove of rewards. The centerpiece of these rewards is the iconic Majora’s Mask, obtained from a chest strategically placed at the heart of the Coliseum.
The Grand Prize: Majora’s Mask
After the arduous journey of defeating the series of Lynels, the chest in the central arena of the Floating Coliseum becomes accessible. This chest is the key to obtaining Majora’s Mask, a coveted item in the Zelda series known for its unique abilities and aesthetic appeal. The mask not only serves as a testament to the player’s skill and perseverance but also provides significant in-game advantages.
Additional Loot from Lynel Battles
Each battle with the Lynels in the Coliseum yields its own set of rewards. These include various materials dropped by each Lynel, such as:
- Lynel mace horns and saber horns, offering crafting and enhancement opportunities.
- Various types of weapons, including broadswords, claymores, and halberds, which enrich the player’s arsenal.
- Lynel shields and bows, adding to the player’s defensive and ranged attack options.
- Large crystallized charges, useful for various in-game purposes.
- Lynel guts and hooves, essential for certain recipes and upgrades.
- A substantial amount of arrows, ensuring players are well-stocked for their ongoing journey.
These materials and items are not just spoils of victory but also crucial components that enhance the player’s experience in the game. They provide opportunities for crafting, upgrading equipment, and ensuring preparedness for future challenges.
In conclusion, the Floating Coliseum in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom” offers more than just a challenging series of battles. It rewards players with Majora’s Mask, a significant in-game item, and a plethora of materials and equipment dropped by each defeated Lynel. These rewards are integral to the player’s progression, making the Floating Coliseum a key destination in the game’s expansive world.
Obtaining Majora’s Mask in “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom” is a thrilling challenge that tests your combat skills, strategic planning, and perseverance. By navigating the depths of the Floating Coliseum, skillfully defeating a series of powerful Lynels, and utilizing the right strategies and preparations, you can claim this iconic item. Majora’s Mask not only offers a unique advantage in reducing enemy detection but also enriches your adventure in the Kingdom of Hyrule, making it a must-have for both seasoned players and newcomers to the Zelda series.
Read More: How to Defeat Ganondorf Tears of the Kingdom
1. Where is Majora’s Mask located in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom?
Majora’s Mask is located in the Floating Coliseum, beneath the Coliseum Ruins in the Hyrule Fields.
2. How many Lynels do I need to defeat to get Majora’s Mask?
You need to defeat five Lynels in a row at the Floating Coliseum to obtain Majora’s Mask.
3. What preparations are recommended before attempting to get Majora’s Mask?
It’s recommended to upgrade your armor and health, expand your inventory, prepare sundelion dishes, and gather fairies and powerful weapon-shield combinations.
4. Can Majora’s Mask be upgraded?
No, Majora’s Mask cannot be upgraded, but its stealth enhancement is beneficial as is.
5. Does Majora’s Mask work against all enemies?
Majora’s Mask reduces the chance of being spotted by enemies, but it’s not effective against named enemies like Hinoxes and Gleeoks.
6. What are some tips for defeating the Lynels in the Floating Coliseum?
Utilize tactics like Flurry Rush, bullet time, and arrow stuns. Learn each Lynel’s attack pattern and adapt your strategy accordingly.
7. Is there an alternative method to defeat Lynels if I struggle in combat?
Yes, you can use ancient blades to teleport Lynels away, though this method forfeits their loot.
8. What rewards do I get from completing the Floating Coliseum challenge?
Besides Majora’s Mask, you receive various materials dropped by each Lynel, such as weapons, shields, and arrows.
9. How important is Majora’s Mask in the game?
Majora’s Mask is a strategic item that enhances stealth, making it easier to avoid or delay combat in many situations.
10. Are there any specific environmental challenges in the Floating Coliseum?
The environment doesn’t present specific challenges, but the lack of platforms requires creative use of Zonai devices and Autobuild platforms for strategies like bullet time.
Hope this article helps you learn about how to go through Floating Coliseum to get Majora’s mask. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments.